Friday, June 10, 2016

Fibre Friday

Each week, we all work on various fibre-related things that we are excited to share with one another. Some share on  Instagram (use #fiberfriday) but some of us still blog about our fibre-y pursuits. If you'd like to join in, link up and share with the rest of the community what fibre-related projects you've been working on! It's a great way to stay motivated, inspired and surrounded by a community of fellow handspinners! 

Remember, you can participate at any time throughout the weekend and week - I just happen to post on Fridays.

This week was an interesting one because I have spent much of my time writing! I have been working on fibre-related things but not in the capacity of actually making. I was fortunate enough to spend some time at my wheel this week to finish up a spin that is part of an upcoming article, which felt really good to have completed. As well, I had a chance to work some more on my hand-pulled roving from Sweet Georgia Yarns SW Merino -- I chat some more about that in Episode 23, which you can find here (it went live this morning).
 On a completely random note, I spent some time last night working on a weaving for my local guild's gallery show coming up in January 2017. I thought I should probably spend some time working on my presentation since I have a vague idea of what I'd like to put in the show but nothing actually started. Here is a teaser and if you follow me on IG, you can see the whole thing there.

 Lastly, I finished the first half of my Smith and Ewe SW BFL spin on my large Capar spindle. Here is a quick photo of these first 100 grams.
Now it's your turn! What are you getting up to this week and weekend?

Below is the link up list of everyone participating – I hope you’ll join us!
  1. Be sure that the link you submit is to the URL of your blog post, not your main blog or a previous Fibre Friday post.
  2. Include a link back to this post so that others can find it easily and join in!
  3. Any troubles, just email me and I’ll be happy to help :: rachel [at] welfordpurls [dot] com.

No comments:

Post a Comment